SUGAR Cane Growers Council chief executive Surendra Sharma says he has tendered his resignation and will finish from the organisation in June.

Having contributed to the improvement of farmers' welfare, Mr Sharma believes his work as an executive figure was nearing the end.

While not citing any problem with industry stakeholders, Mr Sharma said his work for the sugar industry was fulfilled.

"I believe I have contributed in a meaningful way and made a difference to the welfare and interests of cane farmers in the seven months with SCGC," he said yesterday. "It was a time when some of the most difficult issues had to be confronted and tackled. Now that we are on the fairway with mainly routine issues, it is time for me to make a quiet exit."

Mr Sharma called on the council to take on the challenges they faced.

"May I state quite categorically that I have absolutely no personal issues with anyone in the industry or the government," he said yesterday.

"The key players in FSC and the sugar commission are well known to me and we have had a very long and convivial association and I will not allow the work I have done for the growers to sour the friendship bonds I have with them."

source: fijitimes


0 comments

Creative Commons License

This is not a company blog or website. The views and statements expressed in this blog are absolutely subjective. All content here is either copyrighted or by the mentioned news sources.

Privacy Policy | Contact Us